POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash after 63 frames? : Re: Crash after 63 frames? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:47:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash after 63 frames?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Oct 2003 12:29:31
Message: <3fa14a7b@news.povray.org>
In article <3fa141f5$1@news.povray.org> , "Scott Gammans"
<dee### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I learned a long time ago on the Windows version of regular (unpatched)
> POV-Ray to not run a long animation batch inside POV-Ray because it doesn't
> release the memory it allocates before starting another frame.

This simply is incorrect, but I know you don't care that I tell you.  Still,
incorrect information posted tends to stick in new users' minds longer than
correct information, so if nobody says it isn't so they will take it as
true...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde